Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Why is there no new videos of Nakee?

First off, I would like to say that I am sorry that the progress of Nakee is not going as a pace I would thought, but I understand and respect the translator, BZZ, to continue whenever he/she feels like and have time to spare. This is also the response to those who kept messaging and leaving comments on Kitkat's facebook page of when will there be new videos of Nakee as well. Please understand their situation that it's not their fault or anything. If anything, you guys should be thankful for the HD videos they always do for everyone, and take their time to upload. I am thankful for them because they are one of the most active members who is still contributing to Thai entertainment medias.

I hope you guys can understand what the subber's life is like. If you have NEVER done it before, then you don't know how time consuming it is. It is literally part of your daily life. Translation can take up for more than like 1-2+ hours just to finish an episode. This depends on how fluent the subber is and how much time they have to spare as well. For a Thai lakorn episode part of about 10 minutes long, it might take you about 15-30+ mins long. Once you finished a translating, now what? Then you will have to time the translation as well. How long does it take me to time a 10-15 minute video? Probably about 30-40 minutes long. For a full episode, that'll be 1-2 hours long for sure. Then what? Now you have to encode the video. How does that take for one episode? 30mins.-1 hour long depending how fast your computer can handle the progression of the program AND the HD video file. Now you have to upload the video, and that might take 30 minutes to 1 hours depending on your internet connection. Now calculate it within a range of one day... that's literally like almost 3-4 hours of your life already per day. If the subber is doing multiple projects, the hours of subbing doubles! Imagine if you are that person who's doing the work... how can you still continue to do so? Well I'll bring you to my second part.

Secondly, I hope you watch it/download it from the people who have done the work because we know how many people are watching what we are subbing, so that means it'll give us the satisfaction and motivation to continue subbing. You guys enjoy, we get the view counts going up, then we can share happiness together. This is why we all come here because we are obsessed with Thai Lakorns! :) This goes for every person who subs.

I just want to let you guys know that BZZ, the translator for Nakee, is a busy person doing on his/her own time. This is why BZZ is able to do what he/she can do. He/She has 2 other shows he/she did too, but if you guys can see, the subbing progress on his/her other shows are in slow progress as well.

Before picking up Nakee, BZZ and I have both agreed that I will not be subbing from the Chinese translation because mainly sometimes things will become "lost in translation." It'll make sense in another language, but it will not make sense in English. I know because I sometime compared BZZ's translation to the Chinese translation, and some lines turned out differently. Since BZZ did this project first, and still decided to continue the project, I will stick to his/her decision. I respect it fully.

Since I started the Nakee project, it was mainly to learn more Chinese vocabularies. Now, I am continuing my purpose again. I have picked up a project to work on. That is Por Krua Hua Pa. Catattack have decided she will work on Sarb Dok Soi on her own, so Por Krua Hua Pa will be on my own. I already have another project in mind afterward, but it's still a maybe for now depending on the progression of the Chinese translation. Until BZZ gets back and start subbing, that is when the translation would take on a go. I hope you all can understand and thank you for reading. :)

9 comments:

  1. So does that mean that nakee will still be sub but just slowly right? If so thank you thank you!!! It doesn't matter when they will do it, as long as they do what that say they will do and keep that promise then it's all good. I know it's hard to sub and I'm just so glad they sub it because I would love to watch this Lakorn. Thank you for telling us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. You can think it as that way. I would consider it on hold for now until I received messages from the translator.If nothing happens after I'm finished with Por Krua Hua Pa, then we will continue on finishing translation for this Nakee. I'm sorry, and I can't do much for the time being as I'm just waiting on the translator.

      Delete
  2. Take your time! As always, I appreciate whatever you do! And when you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will waiting patiently for this lakorn. Take your time. ❤ ❤ ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. take your time! please sub for Sarb Dok Soi for english subtitles! i really want to watch it to the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SDS is not being sub here. You can find this at alwaysmeeana FB page.

      Delete