Saturday, January 7, 2017

Introduction!

HELLO ALL!!! I HAVE AN EXCITING NEWS! I will be subbing the Thai Lakorn titled

"นาคี Nakee" (三面娜迦)

 

This whole process is certainly not going to be easy. After looking around people, I found out there is no subber subbing this good lakorn. I have not watch the entire series myself, but since this lakorn is quite popular in Thailand, and I myself will sub it for everyone. If anyone know that someone is already starting to sub this lakorn, please let me know right away so that I can stop. Thank you.

First and foremost, I am not Thai, nor do I know any Thai language. This lakorn will be translated from Chinese subtitles actually. I'm actually doing this because it will also help practice my Chinese too. I am not a native Chinese speaker as well too, so I have been using the Chinese-English dictionary quite a lot now. BUT that does not mean I don't know any Chinese grammar. I know Chinese grammar quite well enough to translate, but I don't know too much vocabularies to translate it quickly. Do you guys understand? I hope you all don't mind me, and my mistakes throughout the subtitles. All I want is to share english subs for you all. My main goal for this project is to learn more Chinese while watching a good lakorn, and sharing English subs with you all. I don't think I will be doing any subbing work after this project. This will just be a project on the side, but when I have time, I will commit to making the subtitles for you all!

How am I translating this drama? Well, this entire series have already been translated in Chinese already (PHEW! THANK GOD!), so I will be using their translation, and translating it into English. I hope they don't mind that I'm using their translation, and how grateful for them to translate this series in Mandarin Chinese language already. For this entire process, I hope you all can bare with me. I am sorry if I make wrong translation with the English subtitles.

I am about 25 minutes into the first episode of translation already, and I haven't time the subtitles yet, so please bare with me. Each episode is almost 1 hour and a half long.

As for now, I'm not sure whether I should hardsub the video because there's the Chinese subtitles, and the Thai subtitles throughout the drama. There's Thai subtitles because they are speaking the northern dialect, which may be difficult for Thai people (I guess?).

Anyways, if anyone wants to help me sub this lakon, you are welcome to help me. Right now, I would definitely need Chinese-English translators to help me out. If you are a Thai-English translator, we might have to work this out a little bit different because I'm using the Chinese subtitled video (hardsubbed). The Chinese subtitles helps me out on timing the English subtitles. If you know where to find the best raw Thai episodes, please leave me the link as well. If you guys want softsubs instead, I'll think about it. If you want to be an encoder, and an uploader, please comment below as well.

I just want to let you all know that is project is being done by one person at the moment, and this blog is dedicated to the Thai lakorn "Nakee" only. Thank you!

Please just call me "Lucky Blu." :)
Thanks!


1 comment:

  1. Hi, you said that this lakorn already been translated with chinese subtitle? Can you please give me the link of video that already translated to chinese subs?
    Thank's

    ReplyDelete